Saturday, April 11, 2009

I Wish I Could Quit You, Blue Jays

OK, I'll admit it. The Jays are sucking me in.

This was supposed to be the year I wasn't going to be excited about the Blue Jays, the year I was going to refuse to believe they had any chance of being a good team.

This coming from a life-long Jays fan who once had his childhood bedroom covered from ceiling to floor to wall in Jays stuff (border, curtains, bedspread, posters).

But after watching Roy Halladay get out of a jam and the Jays scratch across three (live update, four) early runs against the Indians, I can't hold back any more...

The Toronto Blue Jays are for real!

I know it's only five and a half games into the season, but they've got the best record in the American League and lead the majors in runs with 37 (live update, 41), home runs, hits, doubles, and RBIs.

Future MVP Adam Lind leads the majors in RBIs with 11 (live update, 12) and is on pace for about 350 RBIs.

The starting pitching hasn't been as terrible as expected (we actually lead the league in Ks somehow), and perhaps the biggest surprise of all, they've actually had a couple of clutch/comeback wins already.

I'm sure by the end of the month I'll be singing a different tune, but for now the only song in my head goes a little something like this.

No comments: