Monday, March 13, 2006

Catching March madness for the first time.

Hoo boy. Talk about in way over my head, outta my league and with very little idea what's going on.

Thanks to my wonderful job at The Score, I'm getting exposed to sports I knew very little about before, and US college basketball is one of them.

I'll admit I had no idea why college hoops was so popular before, but I sure do now. Man are those games competitive.

As for being knowledgeable enough to enter a pool, forget about it. I'm doing a free Yahoo thing with some friends this year to get a taste, and then maybe I'll go money next season.

As for my picks, if you want them (why you would, I don't know) are as follows: Duke, Gonzaga, UConn and Boston College in the Final Four...and just to emphasize my inexperience, I'm picking the two would-be massive underdogs Gonzaga and BC in the finals, with the Zags winning it all.

What can I say? I'm a sucker for mustached white guys and teams with cool names. Go Gonzaga!

No comments: